Friday, May 3, 2013

circle around: the shop with a mission for africa

One of my favorite accessories is a good scarf.  One of my favorite ways to buy products is from a place that uses the proceeds for God.  One of my favorite people opened up an etsy shop, where she sells scarves (and other fun things!) to fund her trip to serve a mission in Africa this summer.  Hey...what a perfect combination for me!

My friend's name is Bethany (the same one who I love to go thrifting with!), and her shop is called Circle Around.  I have known Bethany since college, and I love her to pieces.  I wish we lived closer to each other so we could have a weekly girls/project night and pretend that we still live in the dorms together.  Check out her etsy shop here and her facebook page here.  Her facebook page explains more about her trip to Malawi.


It's possible that I have purchased an embarrassing number of Circle Aroundscarves since the shop opened in January.  It's possible.  I have given some as gifts, I sent one around to my sisters as a "sister scarf," and I have kept some.  Three, to be exact!  Even though spring is here, a good fabric scarf is always in season when you live in a moderate climate!






 

I am not just saying this because I know Bethany, but I really wear these scarves a lot and love them!  Just ask people at my grocery market, the school I visit on Fridays, the chiropractor's office, my church.....they probably are all thinking, "Oh yeah, there goes that lady with the same scarf on again...."  But hey, when you find a favorite, it's worth it to enjoy it, right?

p.s.  She made the fun vintage-inspired earrings, too!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that you have a blog about the scarfs. And I love that I was the fortunate recipient of one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. You couldn't be sweeter. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete