Friday, April 26, 2013

vintage baby sis

A photographer I am not.  But I do love good photography.  I wish I could keep a good photographer in my pocket at all times, to pull out when I want to capture a fun moment.
 
Since this is not my gift, I rely on the talent of others in my life.  Cue one of my sisters, Cristen.  She owns her own photography business in South Dakota, where she lives with her husband and two adorable kiddos on their cattle ranch. 
 
Recently, she did a little photo shoot with our baby sis when the fam was out to visit.  I tell you, I almost teared up looking at the pictures.  If only you knew our baby sister, you would know why.  Could more goofiness and joy and fun be wrapped up into one person?  And to top it all off, she loves God.  From the moment I met her 14 1/2 years ago, she has been someone I want to squeeze all the time.  I just love her.
 
This picture I could not get over. 


It is beautiful for many reasons:

Baby sis.
 
Cristen took it.
 
Vintage bicycle (I have long enjoyed vintage things, and so does my baby sis!).
 
The lighting.
 
I had to order it for my house!  I got a 5 x 7 to display in my living room.  It is a new favorite photo for sure.




To see more from Cristen's photography business, Cristen Joy Photography, click here or check out her facebook page here.  You can order prints and hire her for a photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment