Friday, September 13, 2013

change

I moved to Wisconsin when I was "straight out of the chute" married.  Where the work is, you live.

North-east Wisconsin was an adjustment for me, for sure.

Eight years later....and I have grown to love it.  I have learned to value the pros and to laugh off the cons.  I have appreciated the wide open countryside, where you can see the sunrises and sunsets all full of color and glory of the Lord.  I have gained some life-long, kindred-spirit friends.  I have struggled and prayed.  I have shopped at the infamous Woodmans.  I have watched Green Bay Packer fanatics.

And I have sought hard to rest in the joy my Savior, regardless of my circumstances and of  how I feel.  And what do you know, He caused me to love our little life in Wisconsin.

This summer, in June, I snapped this picture (a photographer I am not).


It is of the early morning straight out of my patio window, out into the open back of our home.  I usually sit on our small couch in the morning stillness, praying and thinking and reading and drinking coffee (preferably!).  I took this picture to remind me of my private mornings with just God and me, right here.  Andy is at work, baby is sleeping.

I pretended that this backyard cornfield view was our own secluded Tuscan vineyard.  That's what I'll say it is, I told myself.

The next day after I took this special photo, all settled in my soul about being here in Wisconsin, Andy got an e-mail.  An e-mail that changed where our lives are headed.

And with that, we are all moved out.

Just like that.

New job, new house (soon!), new adventure.

I do not do change well.  It is messy and hard.  It is chaotic and sad.  I miss people, I miss places.

And yet, in this change, I am being challenged to just be thankful.  To be thankful that God is.  To be thankful that He gave me Wisconsin at all.  And to hold my husband and little boy tightly.  And to trust Him for the future.

Change.  Hard.

But, I serve God.  And He does not change.  He is. 

And with that, I move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart. I can't help but think the way you started out in WI is the way you feel about moving to IL and just look at how God blessed you there. I know He will use all you learned in WI to encourage you in your new place. Praying for peace. Love you.

    ReplyDelete