Tuesday, June 25, 2013

mango avocado salsa dip

I am on a healthy snack quest, as I've stated before.  This mango-avocado recipe is one I have been using since I discovered it last year and tweaked it a tad.  But, I've usually used it to top grilled fish.  Lately, I have been enjoying this as more of a snack to eat with pita chips, since mangoes and avocados have been on sale at my local market.  It is quite tasty, if I do say so myself!


Mango Avocado Salsa Dip

1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 avocado, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
red onion, chopped finely (to taste)*
fresh cilantro, chopped (to taste)
1 lime, halved and squeezed
1 Tbsp. evoo
S & P (to taste)
Stir all of the ingredients together.  Chill before serving.  Store in the refrigerator.
*Note:  You can use green onions or chives in place of the red onion, if desired.  If you want to use this over grilled fish, simply spoon it over the hot fish on either a serving platter or on individual plates.



Enjoy!

Original recipe found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment