Tuesday, May 14, 2013

mommy favs

I love being a mommy to J.  It is the most amazing "job."  It is the hardest and the best, all at the same time.  I sure did not expect to love it quite this much!

Being a mommy has been a hard, hard journey for my physical body. Someday I may write about it. But not today.

Today, I want to share some of my favorite things about being a mommy to J at this season of our lives. The list is long in my heart, so I will only share a few things:


his cute little head bobbing up and around and all over as we sit down to tie his shoes, because he is so overly excited to go outside


holding him, no matter how big he is getting...the smell of his skin and the feel of his hands...I wish I could take these senses in and store them away in my person for my whole life, exactly as they are now, untainted by time


sleepy boy snuggles with his green blankie and his favorite toy, Douglas the dog...hearing him talk and babble on to himself in the backseat


the scent of his hair after being outside in the sun


"Set, go!" at the park...I just can't stand it


Etc.

I just love him.

Thank You, Lord God, for entrusting me with this precious creation of Yours.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I too just love all those little things you mentioned. And it's been really, really hard for me not to be able to soak them up like I used to now that I've got a babe to tend to. I know it's just a season, but that part has been hard! Being a mom really is the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we freeze these moments forever?!?!

    ReplyDelete