Friday, April 19, 2013

God is

When this time of year rolls around, Andy and I look at each other and say, "I want to go back!"

Three years ago, at the end of March, we were blessed to go on a dream trip together to a few picked-out spots in Italy.  And what a trip it was.

I did not expect for God to teach me so, so much while we were there.  Why am I so surprised?  I do not know.  But the main sense in my spirit that I brought home with me was that He was, He is, and He will be.  I have never forgotten this, and there are times and seasons in life where I have to repeat it to myself over and over.

Walking through the impressive Colosseum, ducking in and out of the hushed catacombes of Rome, exploring the fascinating ruins of Pompeii...He was.  He was over 2,000 years ago.


Eating deliciously prepared, simple, hearty food with my handsome best friend in the whole world...He is.  He is right here and right now.


Walking through quiet tiny towns in Tuscany, breathing in the clean, still, refreshing air...He will be.  Time and people and things change, but He will be.


He was, He is, and He will be.

God is. 

My brother reminded me of that this spring.  There is much comfort, yet much reverence in this straight and simple fact.  And it is what I cling to when times are good, when times are bad, when times are mundane, when times are exciting.  God is.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Inspiring. I knew you were going take this opportunity to point us to God. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete